Standing on the shoulders of giants
Our platform is the result of years of work by hundreds of people, all of it openly shared. As individuals and as a company we believe in that spirit of openness. We see it as part of our mission to help make Haskell great. We want to help build and maintain a strong Haskell community and an excellent software development platform.
We try to do this in a number of ways:
- We have served on the Haskell language specification committee.
- We helped set up, and have served on, the haskell.org committee.
- We co-founded the Industrial Haskell Group.
- We helped establish the Haskell Platform.
- We helped set up, and are founding sponsors, of the Haskell Foundation.
- Between us we have authored and maintain many open source Haskell libraries and tools.
- We help maintain core parts of the Haskell ecosystem, including ghc, cabal, and the community infrastructure.
- We have been involved in the organisation of the series of Haskell Hackathons, which have brought the community together and produced many Haskell libraries.
- We have mentored students for Haskell.org in the Google Summer of Code program.